Why is it that some women are able to get pregnant at the drop of a hat, while other women can try for what seems like an eternity with no results? There’s a mountain of speculation as to why, but there’s no definitive answer. What experts do know, however, is that there are plenty of tricks a woman can use to significantly increase their chances. The following are the top eleven ways (in no particular order) to boost your odds of conceiving:
1) Women who drink two or more sodas a day have a 16% lower fertility rate compared to women who don’t drink soda.
2) Women undergoing IVF treatments from fertility plus appear to have the most success when they get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
3) Gum disease can slap on an extra two months to the amount of time it takes to get pregnant — so brush your teeth.
4) Exercising strenuously for 5 hours + per week reduces fertility by 42% compared to women who exercise lightly.
5) Men who watch 20 hours of TV per week have an astonishing 44% lower sperm count than men who watch almost none.
6) When levels of stress and anxiety reach a certain level, women stop ovulating completely.
7) 6% of women with unexplained infertility have celiac disease. Most could conceive after 12 months of a gluten-free diet.
8) Men who are fat or obese have a much lower sperm count and sperm quality.
9) Men who smoke have dramatically lower sperm counts.
10) Men who keep their phones in their pockets or on their belts have much lower sperm counts.
11) You need to try the new GLOW app which is revolutionizing fertility and pregnancy (read more HERE and watch GLOW founder Max Levchin in a fascinating interview with Charlie Rose below).