The term Insomnia is a sleep disorder in which one encounters difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, and several factors induce it. It is the worst; however, with cannabis, sleeping is much more comfortable. Cannabis is considered a relatively good sedative for several people. It subsides pain, provides its very own sleepy chemicals, slows down racing thoughts, relaxes muscles all to the end that you can sleep early and soundly.
Rest assured, we have come up with the best cannabis strains for Insomnia and sleep when you are traveling. But note that several sedating strains are produced and are currently in the market today, but you need to confirm that you need it. This brings about the need for certain things to consider before going to get them, and below are what to consider. You can check for the list of cannabis seeds at herbies here.
- Eating is an excellent factor that will boost your sleeping habit. Though it is for the fact that cannabis gives you a faster result, edibles will provide you with a more prolonged effect.
- THC strains are the best recommended for sound sleep. Not everyone’s body can adapt well to THC, but if it works well with your body system, it does not give you any crazy side effects. One of the THC dominant strains would be the most reliable source of the seating effects.
- Check Leafly for sleepy strains. Try as much as possible to research which of the strains other Leafly users have described as ‘sleepy.’
- If anxiety is the primary factor that prevents you from sleeping well, then go easy on the high THC strains. Ensure you use a light dose of THC for sleeping, as high dosage can further affect your anxiety issue. If you are sensitive to THC, tend to try to use a strain higher in CBD.
Getting the right strain that will work correctly might require a series of different trials and errors. Here’s a list of some strains that can help you with making your choice. Ensure you check for the ones you might prefer and those you don’t want.
- Ogre: the primary terpenes of this strain are Myrcene, limonene, and caryophyllene, and it has a Cannabinoid profile that’s THC dominant. Ogre is a sleep-inducing strain that takes away Insomnia very quickly. It is made up of sweet citrus flavors that can be smelt immediately when inhaled, so the sedative effects start as soon as possible.
- Tahoe OG Kush: this strain comes with primary terpenes of Limonene, Myrcene, and caryophyllene with a Cannabinoid profile that’s THC dominant. Tahoe OG Kush is perfect for insomniacs as it leads to instant relief and relaxation of the muscles as soon as it is inhaled. For best action, smoke or vaporize it so you can sleep all the way through till morning.
- Remedy: this is a CBD dominant strain with Myrcene, caryophyllene, and pinene’s primary terpenes. It does not have any THC in its chemical makeup, and it is excellent for consumers who are coy about getting high. The remedy is perfect for relieving stress, pain, panic attacks, anxiety, and any other symptom that can further add to your Insomnia.
- Granddaddy Purple: Granddaddy purple is THC dominant with exact primary terpenes as a remedy. This strain is ancient, and it is still very relevant as a sleep inducer. It exhibits a high level of Myrcene; a chemical known to give relaxation to anyone who uses it. It is a favorite that’s used for pain or anxiety during travels.
- 9 Pound Hammer: this is a strain that’s precisely like grandaddy purple, and with this strain, you can totally get rid of Insomnia. It is also perfect for those that tend to overthink as it slows down thoughts, and one slowly starts to drift off to sleep.
Photo by Esteban Lopez on Unsplash