One of my favorite discoveries in recent months is the brilliant team in charge of HUNGRY FOR CHANGE as well as FOOD MATTERS. Both are documentaries, books, and online resources for health and nutrition, and provide some of the most brilliant sources of revealing and trustworthy information I have ever encountered (see the red link at the bottom which tells the story of what happened when I took the HUNGRY FOR CHANGE cleanse). Earlier this morning FOOD MATTERS posted a fascinating piece on the health and nutritional benefits of bee pollen, and my mind was instantly sent “buzzing” with interest.
Bee pollen is produced by honeybees, and is the main food source of the baby honeybees. As FOOD MATTERS writes: “It is considered one of nature’s most completely nourishing foods as it contains nearly all nutrients required by humans. Bee-gathered pollens are rich in proteins (approximately 40% protein), free amino acids, vitamins, including B-complex, and folic acid. Bee pollen is a complete food and contains many elements that products of animal origin do not possess. Bee pollen is more rich in proteins than any animal source. It contains more amino acids than beef, eggs, or cheese of equal weight. About half of its protein is in the form of free amino acids that are ready to be used directly by the body.” Bee pollen is one of the most powerful superfoods on Earth, and here is a breakdown of the top ten benefits of adding fresh bee pollen to your daily diet:
1. ENERGY BOOSTER: Bee pollen is a miracle energy enhancer. The perfect proportions of carbohydrates, protein, and B-vitamins inside bee pollen will help keep fatigue out of your daily life.
2. SKIN HEALER & SKIN DEFENSE: Bee pollen is often found inside topical skin products designed to treat inflammatory skin conditions and irritations like psoriasis and eczema. The amino acids and vitamins contained within also serve as a defense shield, promoting the regeneration of new skin cells.
3. CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE LUNGS: Bee pollen contains a specific range of antioxidants that have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect on lung tissue, and can even prevent the onset of asthma.
4. ALLERGY & SINUS SILVER BULLET: Bee pollen dramatically reduces the presence of histamine, which has a powerful healing effect on many allergies. Doctors have observed more than 90% of allergy patients have seen their allergy symptoms completely disappear once treated with oral feeding of pollen. From asthma, to allergies, to sinus problems, bee pollen is a wonder drug for a huge spectrum of respiratory diseases.
5. POWERFUL DIGESTION FACILITATOR: Many of us eat super well, but we might not realize that our digestive systems are not ideally absorbing or breaking down our foods’ nutrients. In addition to bee pollen’s vitamins, minerals, and protein, the enzymes it contains will help release as many of the nutrients inside your food as possible.
6. AN IMMUNE-BOOSTING SUPERPOWER: Bee pollen is enormously helpful in building up intestinal flora (good bacteria) in your digestive track, thereby boosting your immune system. Bee pollen also has antibiotic-type properties that can fight off viruses. Pollen is loaded in antioxidants which defend your cells from damaging rust- and cancer-causing free radicals.
7. TREATING ADDICTIONS: Bee pollen is used holistically for healing addictions and warding off cravings. Bee pollen has a powerful effect on neural synapses in the human brain, resulting in a “cravings crash” that can provide you with an essential and powerful tool in fighting over-eating, smoking, etc.
8. CARDIOVASCULAR WONDER DRUG: Bee pollen contains a significantly high amount of Rutin, a rare antioxidant that has an amazing strengthening effect on capillaries and blood vessels. What’s more, it also improves blood circulation problems and cholesterol levels, and has potent anti-clotting powers that can prevent heart attacks and strokes.
9. YOUR PROSTATE’S BEST FRIEND: Guys who suffer from benign prostate hyperplasia should be “swarming” to their local health food store for bee pollen. The pollen will significantly reduce inflammation of the prostate, and shut down all those annoying urges to urinate all the time.
10. FERTILITY BOOSTER & APHRODISIAC: Bee pollen has powerful stimulating and restorative effects on ovarian function, which can accelerate pregnancy. Incorporating pollen into your diet will also act as a hormonal booster, as well as a powerful aphrodisiac when you’re laying next to your “honey”.
So how do you get the most out of bee pollen? The wonder properties of pollen are significantly enhanced when you consume it during your breakfast meal, and especially with fruit. When bee pollen is combined with fruit during breakfast it will perform a mini cleanse of your intestinal flora each day, as well as reinforce the activity of the pollen’s wide range of healing properties in general. A one teaspoon dose of bee pollen takes one bee an entire month of 8-hour days to gather. Each bee pollen pellet contains over 2 million flower pollen grains, and one whole teaspoon contains over 2.5 billion grains of flower pollen. And you’ll also be pleased to know that bee keepers are able to easily remove the pollen from the hives without harming the bees or disturbing their routine.
To learn more about the HUNGRY FOR CHANGE documentary be sure to visit HUNGRYFORCHANGE.tv and pick up your own copy of the book HERE. To learn more about the documentary FOOD MATTERS be sure to visit FOODMATTERS.tv and pick up your own copy of the book HERE.
SEE ALSO: “HUNGRY FOR CHANGE” Exposes Dirty Secrets Of Food & Diet Industries
SEE ALSO: U.K. Engineers Attempting To Upload Bees’ Brains Into Autonomous Flying Robots
SEE ALSO: Corn, California Almonds, And Fructose: Scientists Discover The 3 Main Reasons Our Bees Are Dying